No need to go anywhere else for your 2023 social media image sizes as we have all the dimensions, you’ll need in our guide below. We will be listing everything you need for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok.
The importance of social media visuals is crucial for executing great socials!
As the world’s leading social media platform Facebook has 2.9B users, but it is becoming increasingly visual, to follow in the likes of TikTok and Instagram.
Although it is still a ‘social’ platform business users are recommended to avoid going too commercial or product-driven with imagery. Instead, try to convey the personality of your brand by using visuals to display the human side.
Recommended Facebook image sizes for 2023:
- Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
- Facebook cover photo size: 820 x 312
- Facebook group cover image size: 1640 x 856
- Facebook link image size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook image post size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook image ad size: 1200 x 628
- Facebook event image size: 1920 x 1005
- Facebook messenger image ad size: 1200 x 628
- Facebook Story ad size: 1080 x 1920
- Facebook Reels – 1080 × 1350 (ratio 4:5)
- Facebook video size: 1280 x 720
- Largest Facebook video length: 240 minutes
- Facebook video ad size: 1080 x 1350 (ratio 4:5), at least 1080 x 1080, ratios from 16:9 to 9:16 are also supported
The attention span of the audience is extremely short on social media, so try to keep Facebook videos as short as possible. While the maximum video length is 240 minutes, Facebook recommends keeping them as short as 15 seconds.
A visual platform from the start. Instagram is where you can really have fun with your inner designer. Instagram Stories and Reels are catching most of the attention lately, but you can still easily gain engagement with static imagery too.
Although Instagram is known for its square images, landscape and portrait images are also available. Use the best of the three for your Instagram posts (square, landscape, and portrait). Using the correct social media dimensions will take you from amateur to professional. Choose the right one for your brand and compose your photos or videos accordingly.
Recommended Instagram image sizes for 2023:
- Instagram profile picture size: 110 x 110
- Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square),
1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait).
- Instagram Stories size: 1080 x 1920
- Carousel posts & ads: 1080 x 1080 (square) recommended,
1080 x 566 (landscape) and 1080 x 1350 (portrait) are also supported.
- Instagram ads size: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape).
- Recommended Instagram video sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square),
1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait).
- Instagram IGTV video size: 1080 x 1920
- Instagram Reels and Live: 1080 x 1920
We recommend using square and vertical formats when posting on Facebook and Instagram (both organic and paid). Why? Because this maximizes the space you use in the feeds as most people use their phones to browse through these platforms.
While LinkedIn is known as the business platform it is vital that you show off your brands best side. An attractive LinkedIn profile (both company and employee) is an invaluable asset for your brand.
Aim for high-res, original photos, along with videos and infographics, while using the correct social media dimensions. If recruitment is one of your goals in 2023, use your image and video to show off your company’s best side.
Commercial Property Marketing can benefit from a strong presence on LinkedIn.
Recommended LinkedIn image sizes for 2023:
LinkedIn Company pages:
- LinkedIn company logo size: 300 x 300
- LinkedIn cover photo size: 1128 x 191
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content image size: 1200 x 627
- LinkedIn Business Banner image: 646 x 220
- LinkedIn image sizes for blog post link images: 1200 x 627
- LinkedIn profile picture size: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn background photo size: 1584 x 396
- LinkedIn post image size: 1200 x 1200 (square) 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- LinkedIn link post size: 1200 x 627
- LinkedIn video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
- Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes
Twitter is a fast-moving newsfeed, where you have to stand out to be seen. Striking images and easy-to-read information-packed infographics are one visual tactic brands can use to increase engagement. Charity marketing benefits from Twitters reach and volume of users.
Recommended Twitter image sizes for 2023:
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400
- Twitter header size: 1500 x 500
- Twitter post image size: 1200 x 675
- Minimum Twitter card image size: 120 x 120
- Twitter image size for ads: 800 x 418 (Website card)
800 x 800 (App card image)
800 x 800 (Carousels)
800 x 418 (Direct Message card)
800 x 418 (Conversation card)
- Twitter video size: 720 x 720 pixels (square)
1280 x 720 pixels (landscape)
720 x 1280 pixels (portrait)
- Twitter ad size (video): 720 x 720 (square)
1280 x 720 (landscape)
720 x 1280 (portrait)
- Video Length: 12 seconds or less (recommended)
2 minutes and 20 seconds (maximum)
YouTube has been around for many years and still is the largest video platform. Although you need to meet the video requirements to perform well on YouTube, the resolution and length of the video are quite important, you also need to pay attention to the size of your profile picture, channel cover picture to capture the attention of the audience from the time they land on your YouTube page.
Recommended YouTube image sizes for 2023:
- YouTube profile photo size: 800 x 800
- YouTube Channel cover picture: 2560 x 1440 (desktop), 1546 x 423 (smartphones)
- YouTube thumbnail size: 1280 x 720
- YouTube Standard video: Minimum dimension is 426 x 240. Max dimension is 3840 x 2160, aspect ratio 16:9
Unbelievably, TikTok has been around since 2016 but exploded across the world in 2020 when the pandemic first hit. TikTok had over 700M users in 2020 and rose to 1B in 2021. TikTok is the latest video-sharing app that people are using, but it’s not just people – brands have joined as well to engage and reach new audiences. Here is what brands need to be aware of when it comes to dimension basics on the app.
Recommended Tik Tok image sizes for 2023:
- TikTok Video: 1080 x 1920, maximum 3min.
- TikTok Profile photo: 200 x 200
- TikTok in-feed ad video aspect ratio: 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9.
If you are looking for someone to help you with your social media this year, so you can free up time to focus on your business. We can be as involved as you want us to be, from contention to branded graphic design images, or even just formatting your images in the correct social media dimensions.
Get in touch with us today, where we can discuss your needs.
We offer a range of services such as web design from our office in Bishops Stortford.